Salary band: $66,000-$105,000, depending on level of experience
Department: Information Technology
Reports to: AVP, Information Technology
Who we are:
Prestige provides auto financing solutions to a growing customer base through a nationwide network of dealerships, and we’re looking for new team members to advance our continued growth and success.
We are a proud part of The Larry H. Miller Group of Companies, whose mission is “To Enrich Lives.” We succeed at this mission by doing work that has a positive impact on our employees, our customers, and our community. Approaching our business this way for more than two decades has helped Prestige be recognized repeatedly as a Top Place to Work in Utah, and it’s what makes our workplace associations feel like family.
Prestige is not just a great place to work; we are family, and can proudly say that most of our managers have been promoted from within. At our state-of-the-art headquarters in Draper, you’ll enjoy massage chairs, gaming systems, foosball and ping pong tables, all while building your career as part of our amazing team. Throw in free Jazz tickets and the best holiday parties around, and you’ll wonder why you didn’t join us sooner!
Our unbeatable benefit package includes:
• Medical/Dental/Vision/Life Insurance
• Vacation and holiday pay from DAY ONE
• 401k with company match (eligible within 90 days of hire)
• Holiday savings account with company match
• Wellness program
• Discounts at Larry H. Miller companies including car dealerships, Utah Jazz, Megaplex Theatres, Vivint Smart Home Arena, and Salt Lake Bees
The System Administrator, Infrastructure/Desktop Management is responsible for a broad range of tasks, including the implementation, configuration and day-to-day administration and support of our virtualized environment, including hardware and software supported with Microsoft and VMware technologies.
This role requires an individual with a strong technical background, the ability to gain an in-depth knowledge of the company’s operating systems and applications, as well as the ability to work with the IT organization, business management, vendors and service providers to align priorities and plans with key business objectives and ensure the infrastructure and desktop needs of the company are met.
Primary ResponsibilitiesImplement and administer end-user workstations and related hardware and software in a virtualized environment.Design, administer and support our virtualized environment using VMWare and Microsoft technologies.Assist in administering systems, including technologies such as: Windows Servers, Active Directory, Exchange, Office 365, and Azure Active Directory.Provision server hardware (both physical and virtual), including design, configuration and deployment.Install new software, update client systems, and troubleshoot technical issues.Design and implement monitoring, configuration management and reporting for the desktop environment.Assist and train team members in the use of infrastructure related applications.Develop and maintain documentation for the environment.Research, recommend, evaluate and implement new solutions that help drive business value.Respond to and, where appropriate, resolve or escalate infrastructure related issues.
Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience.
· 5+ years of experience in information technology
· 3+ years of system administration/desktop management or similar role
· 3+ years of experience with VMware/VDI technologies (Horizon View, ESXi, vCenter, etc.)
· 2+ years of experience with Windows Servers and Exchange/Office 365 (preferred)
· 1+ years of experience with Powershell, Bash or other scripting language (preferred)
· Solid understanding of common IT technologies, including virtualization, cloud, networking, security, scripting and infrastructure.
· Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills.
· Deep understanding of current and emerging technologies and how other enterprises are employing them.
· Ability to create and execute scripts in PowerShell
· Ability to troubleshoot, evaluate and diagnose problems and recommend and implement solutions
· Strong vendor management and partner relation skills.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders and end users
A successful candidate should possess the following at a high level of proficiency:
· Accountability - accepts responsibility for own actions and decisions and demonstrates commitment to accomplish work in an ethical, efficient and cost-effective manner.
· Adaptability - adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thanking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
· Communication - effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts and facts. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people’s ideas and thoughts.
· Employee/Quaility Focus - anticipates and meets the needs of users and responds to them in an appropriate manner. Demonstrates a personal commitment to identify users’ apparent and underlying needs and continually seeks to provide the highest quality service.
· Team Focus - works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a group identity characterized by pride, trust and commitment.
Work performed in an office setting.
All requirements are subject to change at any time at management’s discretion.
Note: The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and Prestige Financial Services, Inc. reserves the right to do so at any time. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.